Gerald G. Howard
Labor & Employment Attorney
Gerald G. Howard is a partner practicing Labor and Employment Law. Mr. Howard attended West Virginia University where he received a Bachelor of Science in Education with honors. He then served in the United States Army in command and staff positions in the United States and in Europe. Mr. Howard earned a Masters of Military Art and Science from the U.S. Army Command and General Staff College. He retired from active duty as a Lieutenant Colonel in 1998. Mr. Howard then attended the University of Houston Law Center, earning his J.D., cum laude, in 2001. While in law school, Mr. Howard served as the Senior Notes and Comments Editor for the Houston Law Review. Prior to joining the Firm, he served for two years as a Judicial Law Clerk in the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, El Paso Division, and practiced Labor and Employment Law with Kemp Smith LLP from 2003 to 2017.
Mr. Howard is a frequent speaker at professional seminars on topics of interest in the labor and employment law field, and was recognized by the El Paso Society for Human Resource Management as its 2009 Professional of the Year.
Mr. Howard is Chair of the Attorney Admissions Committee for the El Paso Division of the U.S. District Court for the Western District of Texas and is a Founding Barrister and Secretary/Treasurer of the George A. McAlmon American Inn of Court. He has served as a Past President and member of the Board of Directors of the El Paso Chapter of the Federal Bar Association, and a past member of the Board of Directors of the El Paso Bar Association. Mr. Howard has also served as a member of the Board of Directors of CASA of El Paso and the El Paso Child Crisis Center.
- State Bar of Texas
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Texas Association of Defense Counsel
- George A. McAlmon American Inn of Court
- Founding Barrister and Secretary/Treasurer
- El Paso Bar Association
- Association of the United States Army
- Military Officers Association
- El Paso Society for Human Resource Management
- Board Certified, Labor and Employment Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Selected as a Texas Super Lawyer in Employment Law, 2017
- 2018 and 2019 to the Super Lawyer designation.
- Combat in Kosovo: Ignoring the War Powers Resolution, 38 HOUS. L. REV. 261
Tel: (915) 845-5300
Bars and Courts
- U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas, 2003
- U.S. Court of Appeals, Fifth Circuit, 2008
- U.S. Supreme Court, 2009
- U.S. District Court, Northern District of Texas, 2017
West Virginia University, B.S. with honors, 1978
U.S. Army Command and General Staff College, M.M.A.S., 1994
University of Houston Law Center, J.D. with honors, 2001