Labor & Employment Law
At Ainsa Hutson Hester & Crews LLP we represent and counsel management regarding labor and employment matters. Our specialist, Gerry Howard, is Board Certified in Labor and Employment Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization and has been in practice in El Paso for over fifteen years. Gerry is recognized as a Texas Super Lawyer in the Labor & Employment field and has represented clients in Texas, New Mexico and other states.
The services we provide to our clients include:
- Defense of employment discrimination, retaliation, and hostile work environment claims in both state and federal courts, in arbitration, and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC), Texas Workforce Commission (TWC), and related agencies of other states.
- Defense of other wrongful termination claims such as workers’ compensation retaliation claims and whistleblower claims.
- Defense of workers compensation non-subscriber personal injury claims.
- Defense and advice related to government agency investigations by the Department of Labor (DOL), Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA), TWC, and other state and federal agencies.
- Representation and advice related to unemployment benefits claims before the TWC and unemployment agencies of other states.
- Drafting and analyzing employee policies and handbooks, employment agreements, arbitration agreements, and non-competition and non-solicitation agreements.
- Consulting with and advising clients on:
- Wage and hour issues.
- Managing leaves of absence and related job protection issues.
- Disability accommodations.
- Employee or contractor classification.
- Performance counseling and discipline.
- Internal investigations.
- Termination and severance options.
- Training for employees, supervisors, and managers on all aspects of employment law.
- Avoidance of unionization and union negotiations.
In the world of employment law, an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure, so call us as soon as issues arise and we’ll work with you to identify the best path forward.