Real Estate Acquisitions & Dispositions
The Real Estate Practice Group of Ainsa Hutson Hester & Crews LLP understands that the outlook for real estate acquisitions and dispositions has changed dramatically over the past several years, which presents real estate owners and developers with a complicated array of challenges and opportunities. Our lawyers have the deep industry knowledge and experience to guide clients through the acquisition and disposition of real property in every phase of the real estate cycle.
Innovative Thinking on Acquisitions and Dispositions
We work closely with our clients to ensure that their real estate strategy supports their overall business objectives. Our wide range of transactional experience, on both sides of the table, gives us an advantageous perspective on the opportunities and risks involved in a given sale or purchase. We stay focused on our clients’ goals and work closely with them to allocate risk appropriately, ensure the soundness of each transaction, and close the deal swiftly and successfully.
A Strategic Approach to Real Estate Transactions
We advise seller, buyer, lender, developer, contractor, broker, investor, landlord, tenant and governmental entity clients regarding a variety of transactions in Texas and New Mexico including:
- Purchase, sale and tax-deferred exchange transaction structure and closing
- Commercial leasing and management (retail, ground, office, industrial, mixed-use, warehouse projects)
- City and County economic and enterprise assistance transactions, abatements and waivers
- Formation and organization of entities including partnerships, joint ventures, corporations limited liability companies
- Financing (mortgage loans, construction loans, lines of credit, bond financing and seller financing)
- Title examination and insurance
- Survey review
- Environmental review
- Negotiation, preparation and review of construction and professional services contracts
- Land use contracts (declarations, restrictions and easements)
- Subdivision development, platting and permit matters and related contracts
- Property tax representation (hearings, appeals and litigation)
- Representation before governmental entities and boards regarding contested matters including zoning, variance, code, site plan and permit applications, approvals, hearings and appeals
- Representation in condemnation and eminent domain proceedings
- Representation in mediation and arbitration proceedings (commercial, seller/purchaser, landlord/tenant and owner/contractor dispute resolution)
- Consultation with Mexican counsel in cross border business matters related to U.S. real property matters
Our work includes representation of the largest subdivision developer within the City of El Paso including development matters, the negotiation and preparation of related agreements for the sale of commercial and residential sites and subdivision, and related land use matters.
We represent a global, industry-leading and diversified real estate company based in El Paso, in the development, investment, management and financing of real estate assets in numerous states.
We act as counsel to many individuals and companies in real estate matters throughout West Texas and Southern New Mexico providing experience and expertise to assist clients in meeting their objectives.